901 CE - AGENCY PROGRAM - AGENCY VISIT - PERSON CENTERED THERAPY IN SPANISH - 6 CE HOURS
In this module, two instructors provide a One Day Seminar at your location
(Los Angeles County).
TOPIC: HOW TO CONDUCT PERSON CENTERED THERAPY IN SPANISH - 6 CE Hours
Suitable for Intermediate to Advanced Spanish Speakers, Licensed Mental Health Professionals, Interns and Trainees.
This Practical Training Package is Focused on Helping Mental Health Professionals Improve Confidence and Competence with Person-Centered Counseling Skills in Spanish.
This package includes:
- Two instructors at your location for a One Day Seminar
- In Vivo Training Workshop
- Study videos distributed in advance of the workshop
- Study worksheets
- In Vivo Training: Hot Seat
- In Vivo Training: Therapist Panel
- Course Evaluation Form
- Certificates of Completion for 6 CE (up to 25 participants)
9:30 Introductions and Overview
10:00 In Vivo Sessions (Part One: Reflecting Content; Part two: Paraphrasing)
12:30 Break for Lunch
1:30 In Vivo Sessions (Part Three: Reflecting Feeling; Part Four: Reflecting Meaning)
3:45 Test, Course Evaluation Form
4:30 See you in the next module!
In Vivo Sessions:
A - Therapists take turns in the "Hot Seat" and participate in fun and challenging counseling sessions with Alfonso in character as your client. Practice implementing interventions found in the Workbook or from you personal practice.(It's okay to be in Observer Mode if you are more of a beginner with Spanish, or are hesitant about a turn in the Hot Seat.)
B - Therapist Panel and Instructors help with comprehension, vocabulary, correct sentence structure for therapy-related dialogue, statements, questions and instructions. Therapist Panel provides guidance and commentary on cultural constructs as well as clinical progress and goals of the session, legal and ethical issues.
You will gain confidence and skill to implement interventions with actual clients, or keep practicing until you feel ready.
Video time: 19:54 plus 39 page workbook
In this module you will practice Reflecting the Content of the client narrative.
- Rationale for Reflecting Content as a culturally congruent therapeutic technique
- Presentation of Common Presenting Problems
- Listening Comprehension: Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Key Vocabulary associated with therapist-client dialogue
- Sentence template to form Reflecting Content statements: tu versus usted form
- Open-ended prompts
- Reflecting Statements construction practice
- Troubleshooting: Re-direct and clarify
Video time: 24:06 plus 37 page workbook
- Rationale for Paraphrasing as a therapeutic technique
- Two-step guide for using psychotherapist Prompts and Paraphrases
- Related Verb constructions and Vocabulary
- Sentence templates to form therapist Paraphrasing statements: tu versus usted
- Comprehension:Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Troubleshooting: How to handle client resistance
- Sentence templates: How to avoid asking too many questions
- Comprehension: Verb Drill: Direct and Indirect Objects and Pronouns
- Verbs commonly used in a client narrative
Video time: 28:27 plus 32 page workbook
- Using Reflecting Feeling as a psychotherapeutic technique
- Implement language to provide accurate and thoughtful reflections
- Therapist Client Dialogue: Vignette - problematic home visit
- Numerous adjectives to Reflect Feeling in masculine, feminine and neuter forms
- Sentence template to Reflect Feeling
- Verb constructions to form Reflect Feeling statements using parecer, estar, sentirse
- Listening Comprehension and quiz
- Review of vocabulary in the client-therapist Vignette
- Vocabulary used in therapist-client dialogue
Video time: 24:47 plus 64 page workbook
In this module you will practice dialogues in which the therapist guides the client to explore meanings associated with the client narrative.
- Learn, hear and repeat therapist statements which reflect meaning according to the client's narrative.
- Sentence templates to practice various Reflecting Meaning statements.
- Prepare for common Presenting Problems
- Related vocabulary to Presenting Problems
- Verb constructions to enable Reflecting Meaning statements
- Listening comprehension: therapist-client dialogue, quiz and breakdown
- Using reframing statements to provide a new perspective, frame of reference or way of thinking about issues
- Translation and fill-in-the-blank exercises
- Comprehension exercise: direct objects
- Verb Drill: Uses of the Verb Decir in psychotherapy
- Motivational prompts
- Vocabulary from Therapist-Client dialogue
- Translation Exercises for Reflecting Meaning Therapist statements
- Comprehension: Direct Objects in the past tenses