801 - INDIVIDUAL TELECONFERENCE - CRISIS ASSESSMENT AND SAFETY PLAN
This module is suitable for Mental Health Professionals and Interns with Intermediate to Advanced Spanish
- Practice at least four statements and phrases for evaluating a mental health crisis situation with a client.
- Practice at least four questions for evaluating in a crisis situation with a client.
- Practice pronouncing at least four statements for intervening in a mental health crisis.
- Participate in two, individual, one-hour, live, therapist-client role-play teleconference lessons with an instructor.
- Complete the in-home Repetition Exercises
- Complete Verification of Hours Form, Test, and Course Evaluation
In this module, Mental Health Professionals will practice handling situations when it becomes apparent that a client may be in a mental health crisis. You will study key statements, vocabulary, grammar and phrases to help you decide what steps you are legally and ethically needing to take, while also communicating with the client about key issues.
When you have become familiarized with the lesson, you will schedule your individual teleconference role play lesson. You will practice pronouncing your statements and questions to conduct a mock in-vivo assessment.