805 - (Individual Teleconference) - PERSON CENTERED PSYCHOTHERAPY SKILLS - 4 VIDEO PACKAGE
Master essential and practical Person-Centered Therapy techniques to start using right away in your practice. Gain confidence and efficiency with basic counseling and therapy skills which are culturally congruent for Spanish speaking clients.
This program is appropriate for Mental Health Professionals, Interns and Trainees with intermediate to advanced Spanish.
In this package you receive:
- Videos and workbooks for four modules as described below
- Four private lessons via ZOOM of one hour each
Follow these steps to participate:
- Purchase this product.
- Download videos and workbooks to your computer.
- Review all four of the modules.
- When you have reviewed videos and workbooks, text 310-259-9923 to connect with your instructor for your private Skype lessons which will include role play therapy sessions.
The contents of the four modules are as follows:
Video time: 19:54 plus 39 page workbook
In this module you will practice Reflecting the Content of the client narrative.
- Rationale for Reflecting Content as a culturally congruent therapeutic technique
- Presentation of Common Presenting Problems
- Listening Comprehension: Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Key Vocabulary associated with therapist-client dialogue
- Sentence template to form Reflecting Content statements: tu versus usted form
- Open-ended prompts
- Reflecting Statements construction practice
- Troubleshooting: Re-direct and clarify
Video time: 24:06 plus 37 page workbook
- Rationale for Paraphrasing as a therapeutic technique
- Two-step guide for using psychotherapist Prompts and Paraphrases
- Related Verb constructions and Vocabulary
- Sentence templates to form therapist Paraphrasing statements: tu versus usted
- Comprehension:Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Troubleshooting: How to handle client resistance
- Sentence templates: How to avoid asking too many questions
- Comprehension: Verb Drill: Direct and Indirect Objects and Pronouns
- Verbs commonly used in a client narrative
Video time: 28:27 plus 32 page workbook
- Using Reflecting Feeling as a psychotherapeutic technique
- Implement language to provide accurate and thoughtful reflections
- Therapist Client Dialogue: Vignette - problematic home visit
- Numerous adjectives to Reflect Feeling in masculine, feminine and neuter forms
- Sentence template to Reflect Feeling
- Verb constructions to form Reflect Feeling statements using parecer, estar, sentirse
- Listening Comprehension and quiz
- Review of vocabulary in the client-therapist Vignette
- Vocabulary used in therapist-client dialogue
Video time: 24:47 plus 64 page workbook
In this module you will practice dialogues in which the therapist guides the client to explore meanings associated with the client narrative.
- Learn, hear and repeat therapist statements which reflect meaning according to the client's narrative.
- Sentence templates to practice various Reflecting Meaning statements.
- Prepare for common Presenting Problems
- Related vocabulary to Presenting Problems
- Verb constructions to enable Reflecting Meaning statements
- Listening comprehension: therapist-client dialogue, quiz and breakdown
- Using reframing statements to provide a new perspective, frame of reference or way of thinking about issues
- Translation and fill-in-the-blank exercises
- Comprehension exercise: direct objects
- Verb Drill: Uses of the Verb Decir in psychotherapy
- Motivational prompts
- Vocabulary from Therapist-Client dialogue
- Translation Exercises for Reflecting Meaning Therapist statements
- Comprehension: Direct Objects in the past tenses