800.500 CE INDIVIDUAL TELECONFERENCE PACKAGE- PERSON-CENTERED PSYCHOTHERAPY SKILLS - 10 CE HOURS
Receive 10 CE as you Master essential and practical Person-Centered Therapy techniques to start using right away in your practice. Gain confidence and efficiency with basic counseling and therapy skills which are culturally congruent for Spanish speaking clients.
Level: intermediate to advanced Spanish.
In this package you receive:
- Videos and workbooks for four modules as described below
- Four private lessons via teleconference of one hour each
- Verification of Hours form
Follow these steps to participate:
- Purchase this product.
- Download videos and workbooks to your computer.
- Review all four of the modules.
- When you have reviewed videos and workbooks, text 310-259-9923 to connect with your instructor for your private Skype lessons which will include role play therapy sessions.
- Complete lessons and receive certificate to submit for CEU's through CEU Cafe... speak to your instructor.
The contents of the four modules are as follows:
Video time: 19:54 plus 39 page workbook
In this module you will practice Reflecting the Content of the client narrative.
- Rationale for Reflecting Content as a culturally congruent therapeutic technique
- Presentation of Common Presenting Problems
- Listening Comprehension: Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Key Vocabulary associated with therapist-client dialogue
- Sentence template to form Reflecting Content statements: tu versus usted form
- Open-ended prompts
- Reflecting Statements construction practice
- Troubleshooting: Re-direct and clarify
Video time: 24:06 plus 37 page workbook
- Rationale for Paraphrasing as a therapeutic technique
- Two-step guide for using psychotherapist Prompts and Paraphrases
- Related Verb constructions and Vocabulary
- Sentence templates to form therapist Paraphrasing statements: tu versus usted
- Comprehension:Therapist-Client Dialogue and quiz
- Troubleshooting: How to handle client resistance
- Sentence templates: How to avoid asking too many questions
- Comprehension: Verb Drill: Direct and Indirect Objects and Pronouns
- Verbs commonly used in a client narrative
Video time: 28:27 plus 32 page workbook
- Using Reflecting Feeling as a psychotherapeutic technique
- Implement language to provide accurate and thoughtful reflections
- Therapist Client Dialogue: Vignette - problematic home visit
- Numerous adjectives to Reflect Feeling in masculine, feminine and neuter forms
- Sentence template to Reflect Feeling
- Verb constructions to form Reflect Feeling statements using parecer, estar, sentirse
- Listening Comprehension and quiz
- Review of vocabulary in the client-therapist Vignette
- Vocabulary used in therapist-client dialogue
Video time: 24:47 plus 64 page workbook
In this module you will practice dialogues in which the therapist guides the client to explore meanings associated with the client narrative.
- Learn, hear and repeat therapist statements which reflect meaning according to the client's narrative.
- Sentence templates to practice various Reflecting Meaning statements.
- Prepare for common Presenting Problems
- Related vocabulary to Presenting Problems
- Verb constructions to enable Reflecting Meaning statements
- Listening comprehension: therapist-client dialogue, quiz and breakdown
- Using reframing statements to provide a new perspective, frame of reference or way of thinking about issues
- Translation and fill-in-the-blank exercises
- Comprehension exercise: direct objects
- Verb Drill: Uses of the Verb Decir in psychotherapy
- Motivational prompts
- Vocabulary from Therapist-Client dialogue
- Translation Exercises for Reflecting Meaning Therapist statements
- Comprehension: Direct Objects in the past tenses